Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Ode to my Soul

 More than a compartment, my soul

Ancient, fierce, and freeing

Aloof to the world, alive in reflection


My soul, an instrument of praise

A memoir read faintly In a quiet schoolhall

A booming orchestra, shattering it's walls

A silent observer, my soul.


Restless in winter, and in summer,

Inflamed with passion and adventure.

Tranquil as the cool breeze of spring

Violent as a sweeping tempest


The candle flame illuminating the mantle

Producing warmth, heat, and hope

The starlight of the desert, both vast and unknown


The dire straights of a sinister path

Navigated and seen through

By whose wonder? By whose intelligence?

Anyone's but my own


My soul, 

Faint as an echo of longing

Crimson as the blood that spills

What has been sought after and searched 

Thought to be lost, and found once more


Merciful, steady, and knowing

Overflowing and full

In you I find rest and solace 

My soul, in you I am home 







No comments:

Post a Comment